Peter is a retired Computer Science, Computer Technology, Communications Technology, and ICT in Business teacher (1993-2007, 2009-2019). Peter was also an Education Officer (2007-2009) at the Ontario Ministry of Education where he was responsible for the writing, editing, and public rollout of the current Technological Education and Computer Studies curricula; was Senior Flight Test Technologist (1986-1992) at Eurocopter Canada (now Airbus Helicopters); and was a Flight Test Technician (1981-1985) at the Aerospace Engineering Test Establishment while serving in the Canadian Armed Forces.
Peter now consults in the fields of computer hardware and software, post-secondary education, and education technology.
Peter volunteers with the Association for Computer Studies Educators (ACSE) (past-president), OTF Curriculum Forum steering committee (chair), WordPress Niagara (on the conference committee), Chapter 22 (Niagara) of ARM (Active Retired Members), and Niagara BMW Riders Association.
His interests are computing, programming, photography, playing guitar, flying, and long-distance motorcycling.
- log: https://www.beens.ca
- Photography blog: https://www.beens.ca/photo
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/pbeens
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbeens
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/pbeens/videos
- Email Lists: https://www.beens.org/email-lists
- GitHub: https://github.com/pbeens
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-beens
- Python blog: http://www.beens.ca/python
- Learning to Fly blog: https://www.beens.ca/flying
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pbeens (See my Photo Blog instead)
- Programming challenges: https://challenges.beens.org
- Teaching websites (no longer active): https://www.beens.org and http://www2.beens.org
- Solo EV blog: https://www.beens.ca/solo